Personal injuries, car accidents, and deaths occur frequently as a result of negligence of others. If you need a personal injury attorney in San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Riverside, San Bernardino, or Imperial Counties or elsewhere in Northern California or Southern California, we are here to help. For most recent personal injury news and legal developments, check out our blog.
In America, a disabling injury occurs every 1.5 seconds, and victims die from serious injuries every 5 minutes. Needless to say, an injury can have a devastating effect on a person’s life. The victims and their families often face long-term recovery, chronic pain, and significant expenses. Our firm has extensive experience handling serious personal injury cases, and we understand the importance of bringing justice to the victims. At Cross Prescott APC, we dedicate a large part of our practice to helping clients who suffer serious personal injuries because of others’ negligence or irresponsible actions. We offer free consultations, and you don’t pay any legal fees until we win your case.
Cases We Handle
We handle all types of serious personal injury cases. For example, we represent clients in a wide range of personal injury cases, including:
- Car accidents, accidents involving drunk drivers
- Construction accidents, swimming pool accidents, trampoline injuries
- Wrongful death and all other serious injuries
- Sexual assaults or rape due to inadequate security on the premises
- Nursing home abuse, injuries from foodborne illnesses, child abuse, and childhood injuries
- Slip and fall; dangerous conditions; lack of lighting and security on the premises
- Dog mauling, dog bites, and pit bull attacks; fatalities from animal attacks
- Traumatic brain injuries, NFL concussions, brain damage, and sports accidents
- Government liability, city liability, and train and railroad accidents
- Trucking accidents, 18-wheeler accidents, and SUV rollovers
- Bicycling, motorcycle, boating, and pedestrian accidents
- Knowing transmittal of HIV or herpes by a sexual partner
- Spinal cord injuries, paralysis, birth injuries and defects, amputation, and loss of a limb
Because statutes of limitations periods limit when you can bring a lawsuit or otherwise assert your claims, if you believe that you have a personal injury claim, you should contact us as soon as possible. Choosing the right attorney is critical to your case. At Cross Crescott apc, we carefully prepare every single case as if it is going to be tried to a jury – ensuring that you receive the fairest and highest compensation you deserve. And, for all of our personal injury matters, you will pay no fees unless we win or settle your case.
Personal Injury Statistics
- A disabling injury occurs every 1.5 seconds in America.
- A fatal injury occurs every 5 minutes.
- Every year, hundreds of thousands of Americans suffer injuries at home.
- California is the leading state with most of the large fires resulting in significant property damage and injuries.
- In 2011, catastrophic wildfires caused nearly $2 billion in economic losses, including $855 million in insured losses.
- There were nearly 2,000 victims injured in marine accidents in 2011, resulting in $1.833 billion in insured losses.
- Close to 4 million Americans are injured at work due to unsafe conditions.
- The U.S. Department of Labor concluded that the highest rate of workplace deaths last year was among fishermen, logging workers, pilots, and refuse and recyclable material collectors.
- The industry average was 3.5 deaths per 100,000 workers.
- Leading causes of workplace deaths: (1) Transportation and car accidents (1,898 fatalities last year); (2) Assaults and violence (780 deaths); (3) Contact with objects and equipment (708); (4) Falls (666 deaths); (5) Exposure to harmful substances or environments (401); (6) Fires and explosions (143).
- A person’s lifetime odds of dying in a car accident are estimated to be 1 in 303.
- Almost 3 million people are injured, and over 40,000 are killed in traffic accidents each year.
- Car accidents are the leading cause of death among teenage drivers. Each year, teenage drivers account for 10-20 percent of fatal accidents involving drunk drivers.
- Leading causes of fatal injuries: (1) Car accidents (nearly 40,000 deaths a year); (2) Firearms (over 12,000 deaths a year); (3) Falls on stairs and steps (close to 2,000 deaths); (4) Pool drowning (700); (5) falls from ladders and scaffolding (nearly 500); (6) Dog bites (close to 30 deaths each year).
- In 2011, injuries and incidents related to product recalls increased by 7 percent. There were over 11.6 million of children’s product recalls in 2011.
- Catastrophic personal injuries are devastating in every respect – physically, emotionally, and financially. Without the best legal representation, your family can be left unable to pay even for the most essential costs.
Why Hire Us?
We are recognized nationally and internationally as some of the best, ethical, and dedicated attorneys. Our shareholders are Top-Rated Personal Injury Lawyers in San Diego by Avvo Legal (10.0 rating). Our numerous professional awards, paired with unparalleled work ethic and commitment to our clients, make us a perfect fit for handling your personal injury case.
An injury can have a dramatic effect on a person’s daily life, their family, work and income, medical bills, and their future. Our experienced personal injury attorneys understand the impact that serious or disabling injuries can cause. If you need a personal injury attorney in San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Riverside, San Bernardino, or Imperial Counties or elsewhere in Northern California or Southern California, we are here to help. We aggressively represent each client harmed by the wrongful conduct of others, and pursue their claims or cases with unwavering dedication to their best interests.
We are kind and compassionate, and we stand by our clients every step of the way. At the same time, we aggressively defend their rights in the courtroom and during settlement negotiations. We strive to leave no room for errors in judgment or for work that is less than perfect. We have a long track record of highly competent, ethical representation on behalf of each client we take on. We make an unwavering commitment to our clients and work very hard to provide them with justice.
Representative Trial Experience:
- B.B. v. W.K, (San Diego Superior Court, 2013). In this personal injury case, our client suffered serious back and neck injuries after being rear-ended by a negligent driver. Following the car accident, the client had to undergo extensive treatments and a rotator cuff surgery. When the careless driver and his insurance company refused to settle, the case proceeded to trial. At trial, both sides presented testimony of 10 experts and treating doctors and numerous other witnesses. Ms. Prescott second-chaired this trial with another prominent San Diego trial lawyer. After a highly-contested 7-day trial and 1 day of deliberations, the jury returned a significant verdict in our client’s favor.
- In re Jeffrey R., (San Diego Superior Court, 2012). Ms. Prescott was the lead trial counsel in this 4-day jury trial. She singlehandedly tried this case, which involved a complex and novel defense theory and 11 witnesses. She presented winning opening and closing arguments, conducted voir dire, cross-examined 6 defense witnesses, including the defendant and his medical expert. She further conducted direct examinations of 5 witnesses. The jury sided with Ms. Prescott’s client, returning a guilty verdict after deliberating for only 30 minutes.*
- In re David G., (San Diego Superior Court, 2012). In this 3-day jury trial, together with her co-counsel, Ms. Prescott prosecuted a defendant for various violations involving illegal driving activity. Ms. Prescott obtained a favorable ruling on a highly contested motion and delivered a rebuttal closing argument. The jury returned a verdict after deliberating for 1.5 hours, convicting the defendant on one count.*
- In re David H., (San Diego Superior Court, 2012). In this case, Ms. Prescott was the lead trial attorney seeking prosecution of an alleged drunk driver following a prior mistrial. She prepared the case for trial and researched and drafted a comprehensive trial brief and numerous motions. She also argued and won various motions in limine. The case settled favorably before opening arguments.*
- Fluor Corp. v. Hartford Ins. Co., (Orange County Superior Court, Complex Division, 2011). Ms. Prescott was one of the key members of the pre-trial team in this multi-million-dollar coverage matter. She assisted in preparing and filing the amended complaint, motions, and appellate writs. She also worked extensively on numerous discovery issues, interviewed and prepared trial witnesses, and conducted trial-related research and investigations prior to trial.*
- Miller vs. Chicago Title Insurance Co., (San Diego Superior Court, 2009). This complex-litigation matter went to trial in 2009, as a result of alleged dishonest acts by one of the company’s employees. Ms. Prescott assisted with deposing, defending, and preparing numerous witnesses and key documents for trial. She also drafted various trial-related motions and extensive discovery.*
- In re Conservatorship of Brenda P., (San Diego Superior Court, 2006). Ms. Prescott co-chaired this 3-day jury trial, seeking conservatorship for a young woman who posed danger to herself and others. The trial involved a challenging and emotionally-charged setting, including preparing and examining the defendant’s own mother and her treating psychiatrist. Ms. Prescott examined numerous witnesses at trial, argued and won difficult motions in limine, and delivered a winning closing argument to the jury. The jury returned a verdict in her client’s favor after less than 2 hours.*
*Selected cases in which Ms. Prescott played key roles, and which were all tried before founding Cross Prescott APC
Contact us today for your free legal consultation at email@example.com or (619) 781-1360. ott
© by Cross Prescott APC